Baked Salmon with Garlic and Dijon
- 1½ lbs salmon fillets (this was a wild sockeye)
- 2 Tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
- 2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ Tbsp Dijon mustard (we used grey poupon)
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ cup mild olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 2 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Lemon slices- for effect 🙂
Preheat the oven to 450° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
In a small bowl, mix together: 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, 2-3 pressed cloves garlic, ½ Tbsp Dijon mustard, ½ tsp salt, ⅛ tsp of pepper, ⅛ cup of olive oil and 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
Slice salmon into even portions. Lay them onto a lined baking dish with the skin-side-down.
Generously brush all sides of salmon with sauce and top with fresh slices of lemon
Bake at 450°F for 12-15 min or until just cooked through and flaky. Don’t over-cook or it will be dry. There you have it! An easy, excellent dish.