Pomfret in Mustard Gravy
Big Sam’s Ingredient: Pomfret
Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 Pomfret fish
- 2 tablespoon Mustard oil , for frying
- 2 tablespoon Mustard oil , for cooking
- 4 clove Garlic , chopped
- 3 Green Chillies , slitted
- 1 teaspoon Kalonji (Onion Nigella Seeds)
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Mustard seeds , ground into paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , as per taste
- To begin making the Pomfret Shorshe recipe, firstly marinate the fish with salt and turmeric for about an hour.
- Grind and make a paste with mustard seeds in a grinder. Add a pinch of salt and turmeric, keep for 15 minutes.
- To the kadai/wok, add mustard oil and fry the fishes lightly from both sides until cooked through. Keep them aside.
- To the same kadai add more oil if required, add nigella seeds, garlic and green chillies.
- Once the aroma of garlic comes add the mustard paste.
- Cook for a minutes with constant stirring on medium flame.
- Add water as per gravy requirement, cook it for 2-3 minutes. Add the fishes and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Switch off the heat, drizzle a little mustard oil and keep it covered for 10 minutes before serving with white rice.
- The usage of mustard oil and mustard paste is what makes Pomfret Shorshe heavenly when had with hot white rice.
Recipe & Image Credit: Visit site