Spiced Tilapia with Coconut Rice
Big Sam’s Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 (8.8-oz.) pkg. precooked microwavable whole-grain rice (such as Uncle Bens)
- 1 cup well-shaken and stirred light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened flaked coconut
- Step 1
Stir together turmeric, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small dish. Sprinkle fish with spice mixture.
- Step 2
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add half of fillets; cook until golden and fish flakes easily, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining fillets.
- Step 3
Wipe skillet clean with paper towels. Add rice, coconut milk, sugar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt to skillet; bring to a simmer over high. Cook, stirring often, until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup cilantro and lime juice. Divide rice mixture among 4 plates. Top evenly with carrots and fish. Sprinkle with coconut and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.
Recipe & Image Credit: Visit site