Sauteed Calamari with Parsley and Garlic
Big Sam’s Ingredient: Squid
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 pound squid, cleaned, bodies cut into 3/4-inch-thick rings, tentacles left whole
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped Italian parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Pat squid dry with a paper towel.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat until smoking. Carefully add squid in a single layer, then add butter, garlic, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until squid is opaque and cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes (do not overcook). Season with additional salt and pepper, and serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe & Image Credit: Visit site