Prawn Chilli Garlic Spaghetti
Big Sam’s Ingredient: Prawns
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 cup Prawns ( chop into bite size pieces)
- 75-100 gms Spaghetti (dry)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tspn chilli flakes (adjust as necessary)
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 100 ml white wine
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp parsley (finely chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- Cook the spaghetti ( or any pasta shape you like) in a pot of boiling hot water. Salt as necessary. Follow cooking time as per pack instructions as it can vary by brand. Reserve some of the the pasta water for cooking.
- In a pan, heat some good quality olive oil.
- Add in the thinly sliced garlic and red pepper / chilli flakes.
- Add in the quartered cherry tomatoes and let them blister lightly on the hot pan.
- Add the bite-size prawns and mix well until they change colour.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine ( or pasta water/stock) and let it reduce. Season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- When cooked al dente, toss together with the prawns and add the pasta water to achieve desired consistency. Garnish with finely chopped parsley (optional)
Recipe & Image Credit: Visit site