For very long, Salmon has been touted as a superfood, and with good reason! With a host of nutrients such as Omega-3, Vitamin B, protein, potassium, selenium and many more, consuming salmon regularly provides a multitude of health benefits. Although health enthusiasts and foodies love Salmon, it is especially beneficial for children.
Mommies, here are 6 great reasons why you should be incorporating Salmon into your child’s diet –
- It fuels their growth! Salmon is an extremely rich source of proteins which are essential for growing kids. The good quality protein in Salmon helps provide children with the energy their bodies need through the day.
- It makes them smarter and healthier! Salmon is a great source of natural Omega-3 fats. Although it is an essential nutrient for children and adults alike, Omega-3 insufficiency is extremely high. The Omega-3 in salmon is essential for crucial children’s brain development. It also helps to keep their immune system in balance – protecting them from the numerous viruses and bacteria they come in contact with.
- It powers their brains and keeps them happy! Salmon is a rich source of several B-group Vitamins, including Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12. B group vitamins play a key role in providing energy to children as well as improving their memory and concentration. They also help to regulate their moods, keeping them happy and healthy.
- It protects them against major illnesses! The selenium in Salmon helps protect bone health and may reduce the risk of cancer.
- It helps prevent weight gain in adulthood! Studies suggest that consuming Salmon can help stave off heart disease and weight gain in adulthood.
- It keeps their senses sharp! The nutrients in Salmon are crucial for brain, nerve and eye development.
Salmon can be incorporated into children’s diets in a variety of ways. Make salmon more kid-friendly by topping it with a sweet glaze like teriyaki, or mix flaked salmon into a pasta dish or fried rice. You can even compliment it with a tasty lemon-and-garlic sauce.
Big Sam’s Salmon is brought to you from the clean and cold waters of Norway. We have strict quality control processes in place to ensure you get the absolute best quality of Salmon in the world. Find more information on the product and where you can purchase it here.